Thursday 26 June 2014

Manchester City officially sign Fernando

The Premier League champion has acquired the
Brazilian midfielder from Porto for 15 million euros.
Manchester City has signed Porto midfielder
Fernando for a fee of 15 million euros, the Premier
League champion has confirmed.
Fernando had been targeted by City for his midfield
anchorman qualities and will compete with the likes
of Fernandinho and Yaya Toure for a starting berth.
And he has expressed his delight at finally
completing his long-
reported move to Etihad
Stadium, saying: “I am so happy to finally be joining
Manchester City. I know there was talk of me
possibly signing last January so I am delighted that
the deal has now been done and that I am a City
player.
“I’m looking forward to meeting my new teammates
and helping City to defend the title. It is a very
exciting time to be part of this football club and I
cannot wait to play in the Premier League. City fans
can be assured I will give my all every time I play
and I’m looking forward to many happy years in
Manchester. I have enjoyed my stay with Porto and
I thank the club and the fans for their support during
my time in Portugal. Now I am ready for a new
chapter in my career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEAM PARTICIPATING