Sunday 28 December 2014

Podolski to talk to Wenger about his playing time

The German feels he justifies more game time and is ready to leave if he is not guaranteed a bigger role, while he admits Krystian Bielik would be tempted by the Gunners
Lukas Podolski has reiterated his desire for more first-team football at Arsenal and revealed that he is finally set to discuss his future with manager Arsene Wenger.

The Germany international has frequently bemoaned his bit-part role this season, having yet to start a Premier League match this season, and has been heavily linked with a January transfer.

But the 29-year-old believes he has done enough in his performances in the cup competitions to justify a more prominent role and is keen to sit down with Wenger before pushing for a move away.

"On a transfer, the matter needs to be resolved, because it cannot go on," Podolski is quoted in Polish newspaper Super Express.

"I am not 20 or 21 years old, I don’t want to wait for my chance. I am 29. I want to play, play, play!

"What more can I do than what I’m doing? I played in the first team in the Champions League, scored two goals. Then again I got benched. I do not know what more I need to show the coach.

"[Wenger] is not blind, he sees how much I give. He is also accountable for the results, I understand, but in the next few days I’m going to talk with him. I want to know what the club has intended for me."

When pushed on interest from Serie A sides Inter and Roma, Podolski did not rule out the possibility of moving to Italy, though once again stressed his desire to speak with Wenger first.

He added: "Nothing is a foregone conclusion. First I need to know what Arsenal’s stance is."

Polish youngster Krystian Bielik, meanwhile, has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium and Podolski revealed that the 16-year-old has been spotted at the north London club.

When asked if he had met the Legia Warsaw midfielder, he replied: "Yes, we have seen a pre-workout. It would be fun if another Pole joined us.

He added: "Everyone has to decide their own fate. Bielik has the best conditions in Poland, so if he stayed a little longer it wouldn’t be a bad thing. But when Arsenal approach you it is difficult to refuse
Source: goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEAM PARTICIPATING